Safe to run 3 amps off one

If the remote wire is fused the fuse will pop. If not the amps will not have enough current to turn on but your radio should still be on.

Ultimately reedal is right. The specs will tell you the whole story.

I just looked up a Pioneer 80prs and it's remote wire is rated at 300 milliamps of output current, that's barely enough for one amp!!!!

I run both my SQ 3500 and AQ 4 channel off of it, and even had my stock Bose amp on it for a bit with those. 80prs.

Technically then your breaking your own advice then. Do what I say not what I do type. This is a screen shot of the 80prs installation manual.

rem_zpsiqdwdlab.jpg

on the power cord specs, #17 clearly says 300mV, there's no way what you had hooked up was LESS than that. That being a SQ head unit I could see why they wanted output that low.

Anyway, not trying to call you out, just trying to show that every case is different and that even the specs don't give you a real world answer. By definition your set up should have predator self destructed that head unit!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

So if i use the headunit as a source for the remote wire turn on for the relay would the weak 300ma be enough for the relay to power all the fans and amps still since it's rated for 40 amps?

The relay will bring another discussion! lol

The 40 amp rating is what the relay can handle b4 it fails. in addition to your remote wire you still have to supply the relay a 12volt constant power source from somewhere else. it does not take your input voltage and up it.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I'd rather be safe than sorry, relays are cheap and easy to setup, so just go for it. You could buy a relay kit but it's cheaper to do it yourself and the wiring diagram is simple.

30- 12v +

86- Remote from headunit

87- amps, fans, whatever

85- Ground

I have one of these hooked to the "87" post so I can add or easily change if needed.

http://spectrowireandcable.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SpectroWireCable&Product_Code=9614&Category_Code=

Also, make sure 30, 86, 87, and a bus bar if you choose to use it, are covered or mounted in a way they can't ground out. Electrical tape works for wrapping the female disconnects

If the remote wire is fused the fuse will pop. If not the amps will not have enough current to turn on but your radio should still be on.

I just looked up a Pioneer 80prs and it's remote wire is rated at 300 milliamps of output current, that's barely enough for one amp!!!!

I run both my SQ 3500 and AQ 4 channel off of it, and even had my stock Bose amp on it for a bit with those. 80prs.
Technically then your breaking your own advice then. Do what I say not what I do type. This is a screen shot of the 80prs installation manual.

rem_zpsiqdwdlab.jpg

on the power cord specs, #17 clearly says 300mV, there's no way what you had hooked up was LESS than that. That being a SQ head unit I could see why they wanted output that low.

Anyway, not trying to call you out, just trying to show that every case is different and that even the specs don't give you a real world answer. By definition your set up should have predator self destructed that head unit!

I'll have to look at the AQ/SQ turn on requirements, but I believe it didn't pass it. Adding the Bose might have, but it held up.

I have 2 amps hooked up to my 80prs remote wire. No relay... Works fine?

Archived