Safe to run 3 amps off one

Hey guys is it safe to have 3 amps turn on from 1 run of remote wire. The way i have it is going into 1 amps and then i have jumpers from that amp to the other amps. Would I run into any issues with popping fuses or messing my head unit up? That's where the source is coming from my headunit.

Your right on the line with 3.

Radio remote outputs usually are less than 1 amp of output current. While my personal opinion is your ok at 3, if you add another you'll need a relay, I won't be surprised if some people post do the relay now.

I say your fine

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Look at the specs of your head unit, it will tell you the amperage it can supply from the remote out, then look at the specs of your amps and it will tell you how much current they need for turn on. Add those up, if it's less than the head unit out, you should be fine. If not, look into one of CE Auto Electrics relay kits meant for that.

If the remote wire is fused the fuse will pop. If not the amps will not have enough current to turn on but your radio should still be on.

Ultimately reedal is right. The specs will tell you the whole story.

I just looked up a Pioneer 80prs and it's remote wire is rated at 300 milliamps of output current, that's barely enough for one amp!!!!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

good question. i personally think it comes down to what kind of head unit you have. at one point in time i had 5 amps and one processor hooked up for 2 years with out a relay no problems. i currently still use the same head unit and have 3 amps, one processor, and 4 fans hooked up to it.. with out a relay hasn't let me down yet. not telling you to go this route just my two cents.

If the remote wire is fused the fuse will pop. If not the amps will not have enough current to turn on but your radio should still be on.

Ultimately reedal is right. The specs will tell you the whole story.

I just looked up a Pioneer 80prs and it's remote wire is rated at 300 milliamps of output current, that's barely enough for one amp!!!!

I run both my SQ 3500 and AQ 4 channel off of it, and even had my stock Bose amp on it for a bit with those. 80prs.

So to hook up a relay I put the headunit remote wire to 86 and the put the amplifiers remote wires/ fans to 30? The relay I have is rated for 40a so I should be fine each fan is rated for .4 and I have 2 so I'm good and I'm sure each amplifier i have uses about 300ma

Archived