Second Skin Audio

x2c 15"s or TEAM Sundown 18"s

Hey guys, im new to the forum but ive read it a lot. Always find a lot of useful information here. Anyways, im thinking of upgrading my subs to either 2 Team Sundown 18"s or 2 B2 x2c 15"s on some TARAMPS 8k's but im not sure of which of the 2 is best for me. Im in an escalade and will be listening to music a majority of the time and maybe do some local competing now and again. I listen to mostly decaf'd music and that sort of thing. I prefer loud music over sq honestly. The 5k rating on each sub is appealing to me but the 5" coil on the B2 sub makes me lean that direction since I believe thats slightly underrated at the least. Anyways, any info would be appreciated before I spend 7 g's on upgrading my subs and electrical. Thanks guys.

In reality, you are asking about two subs that aren't hugely in circulation (not many have them due to rating/price/etc.). The X2C is a very new sub, competition oriented with a decently tight gap, (burp oriented) but will play music as well.

Why not use a lower line like the XM's or Sundowns equivalent and run 4 subs, like 4 15's? Box wouldnt be much different size wise than 2 18's.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Someone is about to tell u that no vs threads are allowed. It's a rule here.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Sorry guys wasn't aware of the rules. I'll delete or a moderator can do it if necessary. It wasn't meant to be a vs thread, more of a "which will fit my specific style the best " type thing. I know they're both great products but wanted to know which would work best with what I'm trying to do before spending this much $ . I should have taken into consideration that most wouldn't have experience with these subs but was under the impression that if any forum housed said member, it'd be this one. as to why I would buy such a sub at such a price, it's because I'm tired of half steppin I suppose, hell idk. What you suggested is probably smarter and I'll consider this. I'd like to be in the mid to higher 50's on a daily driver really.

Lol u don't have to explain why u would spend so much on subs on this forum. We are all addicts. I haven't had experience with either but have had the sundown x series 18s and loved them until I wanted something louder. They are prob both the shit but I would prob pick the sundown solely based on my experience with their products. They make bad ass shit IMO. I have heard good things about the other subs too but no personal experience with them. Good luck

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Like said no versus rules please

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived