Second Skin Audio

FI Audio X series / Ascendant Audio Chaos Enclosure Design Help

cj120

Hey there guys, got some questions for ya'll, considering buying a 10" in either of the Fi audio X series or the Ascendant audio Chaos Series.

I know they are basically the same, and the manufacturers recommend 0.6 cubic ft to 1.2 cubic ft @33hz, My questions are at which box Size will it sound loudest?(smaller or bigger or medium size) and will it suffer if i make the box bigger than the recommended specs?

and also what if i make my box design with a longer length than width, would that affect anything as well?

i'm new to these kind of things so any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks.

Ok i'll try to experiment with a bigger size box, and if the Fs of the speaker is 32Hz should i tune it so low, or should i go a little higher than that? around 35-37hz maybe?

Depends on what your goals are and what kind of music you listen to. The Fs of a sub is its free-air resonance, once you put it in a box it changes anyway.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 1 month later...

Depends on what your goals are and what kind of music you listen to. The Fs of a sub is its free-air resonance, once you put it in a box it changes anyway.

you know anyone who is good with torres box calculator? i'm trying to design a 1.6 cubic ft enclosure @36hz

Archived