Second Skin Audio

Two jbl gt5-15 ported enclosure.

Ok so I am looking at the material I will need and I realized that with the double baffle for the subs I will need to buy 3 full sheets of MDF and without it I will need only 2. My question is this. If I removed the .75 of the baffle that will essentialu be removing .75 off of the length of the port as well. Can I add that to the 1.75 of the second port length making it 2.50 in in total? The subs are not very heavy and I cannot even buy a half sheet and cover the 49.5 lenght needed for the 3rd panel. I would rather not waste that much mdf and I have no place to store it to be honest. Thanks

Just put that all into my cut sheet calculator and that will fix everything. Two sheets with plenty to spare. Is there any down side to building that outside edge of the port separately? Honestly it will make cutting the port Much easier not having to make that square cut within the panel. Thanks for the idea and if anybody else has any suggestions or comment they are appreciated.

I'm not sure we're on the same page, but just fudge things around a little to make things work. We're not exactly on the same page, but I feel you've got the right idea.

You definitely want a double baffle, or HELLA bracing.

Ok so the side panel is 15 x 21.25. The 16.5" width is made up of that plus the two .75 side panels. If I cut one top baffle panel to the 49.5 length and a second one to 48.75 and increased the height of one of the small side panels by 3/4" there would be .75 missing on each side. Sorry if we are getting crossed up. I think what I will do is instead of the top and bottom pices being the "caps" of the box so to speak I will make the sides the caps. That way the baffles will only need to be 41.75 long.

Archived