brian85578 Posted June 14, 2015 Author Report Posted June 14, 2015 Thanks so much JoeX is the board thickness 1 inch or can I use .75
Joe X Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 For best results I would stay with 1" wood, in any case 3/4" wood would need a new cutsheet likely with bracing added.
brian85578 Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 I guess I could get 1/2 inch double baffle them for all pieces 1 inch mdf is hard to find
Joe X Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 If you look and can't find the 1" wood let me know and I will change that to 0.75".
brian85578 Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 I can't find 1 inch mdf Loews Home Depot Meeks no one has it so can u design it with 3/4 mdf
Syphlyn Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 I've got a Zv4 12 on an Saz-2000D. First box I ever built/designed (With the help of Joe X). It turned out really good I think don't have any pictures with the carpet on it, oh well. My box is 2.75 cu ft @ 31hz 42 sq inches of port 0.75 thick MDF with a double baffle and cross bracing with 1 1/4 dowels. Plays from 24hz all the way up to 40/45hz really well. Seems the output drops significantly after 40-45hz but that's expected with this sub & the low tuning. My box design is different from yours though as it's in the back of my ext cab F150 facing up. Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
brian85578 Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 That's a nice box maybe I need to try a aero port just seems with my dementions I can't port it with a L shape
brian85578 Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 JoeX can you redesign it with .75 mdf
Joe X Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 Here is another suggestion for 0.75 wood thickness, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.