LG NB3530A: Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer

Finally got around to installing this thing. First thing I like is the finish on both the bar and sub box, smooth glossy black. Potential for easy scratches though. Set up is easy, plug in the bar, plug in the sub (up to 32ft away), then power on the bar and they auto-pair.

Now, there are two optical inputs, a usb port, a 3.5mm jack, and Bluetooth ability. The first negative is that I could not get output from my PS3. It paired up with the PS3 easily, but I couldn't get output. SO, I tried using the optical from PS3 to the bar. Still no sound. Went optical from my TV to the bar and got sound. PS3 to TV is HDMI btw. So I can get output from the PS3 through the TV, but disappointed the BT or direct optical didn't work. I have yet to try any other BT devices.

As far as sound goes, its pretty damn decent for a 2.1 system for under $250. The bar itself gets real loud without distorting. I started low and kept creeping it up, couldn't hear distortion before it was just too loud. The sub gets down pretty good, but is tuned way too high. DOesn't really get those low explosion rumbles, even sitting next to the couch loading off an uninsulated wall. I listened to some music, from rap to death metal to classic r&b. Gets loud enough, just missing those low lows.

A big negative to me was the lack of adjustable eq. It has a few different presets and control of sub level, thats it. Also, there is no way to expand the system. It is what it is.

Overall, Id say its a good buy as a cheap, temporary setup. Maybe even a long term setup for people who are less picky about sounds.

NewSound.jpg

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Pretty sure you have to change settings on the ps3 to output the optical signal

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Archived