dc power alternator, 03 yukon, battery not charging code

The big 3. I even put a zero gauge running from the fuse box to the positive in the alternator. But after it keep saying battery not charging. I keep the big 3 and put the stock fusable link wire on the fuse box to the alt

Take off the run to the fuse box I'll bet money that is the issue.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You said you ran 1/0 to the fuse box take that off and leave the stock run there.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Its a 250 xp. And yes i put the fuseable link back on it. Also im looking at where you make the connection with the wiring harness. And it only had 3 pins. The stock alt has 4.. could this be the problem?

Yes. That could be an issue. Did you tell the DC rep you talked to about that?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008BZSH88/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1434827264&sr=8-8π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=fusible+link+gmc&dpPl=1&dpID=41789pwGpaL&ref=plSrch

My fusible link wire was to short that's why i ran 1/0 wire from the alt to the fuse box. But do you think this wire could replace the stock fusible link and make the alt work correctly without the "battery not charging code" popping up?

It might. But if stock alt has four pins and a four pin connector, then you should have had a four pin alt to replace it. That's step one, getting that solved. Step two will be to make sure your stock fuseable link is connected as well as your big three alt-to-batt positive wire. If the stock one is too short, either try that replacement in the link you posted, or make your own with wire from an auto parts store local to you.

Archived