Alternator

You'll be fine.

do you even know what alternator his running?

if you have a regular alternator no it wont be fine. dont care if its singer or mechman, if its not hairpin your voltage will suffer at idle

what is the max output of the alternator. who is going to build it and is it hairpin? get a battery charger because you will need to top them batteries off almost every night

You'll be fine.

do you even know what alternator his running?

if you have a regular alternator no it wont be fine. dont care if its singer or mechman, if its not hairpin your voltage will suffer at idle

what is the max output of the alternator. who is going to build it and is it hairpin? get a battery charger because you will need to top them batteries off almost every night

Assumed it was.

Based on the info he provided, it sounded like he knew his alt would put out around 200 amps.

But you are correct, if it's not a hairpin, he's going be dragging and those batts will be putting in a lot of work.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

yeah even my singer alt says it does 180a at idle but a soon is it gets hot my voltage drops to 13.4 to even 13.1 at idle with no gear.. heat is a big problem to alternators. if i throw air at it it starts to charge. i upgraded to hairpin and i see 14.8 at all times

The upgraded unit that I offer for your vehicle is a 260A/280A tested peak output before heat (160+A output at idle for a 800 rpm rotor speed on a 3-1 pulley ratio). This alternator is a direct bolt on design for your vehicle and would plug in just like the factory alternator (comes with overdrive pulley to boost idle output between 30-40A more then the stock size).

From singer

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/Nissan~Titan~2009~5.6L-V8-VK56/11256-320-spx-i.html

That would be the only other option I have in alts.

notice where it says before heat.. go with hairpin if youre running 8k

also 160a does not comes close to 200a

The pulley adds 30-40a. Would that dc power would be the better option for me? Or is there a hairpin alternator for an 09 titan?

mechman and DC power are the ones who CNC casings and most likely can build a hairpin model. Singer wasnt able to build one for my application so i went with mechman

Archived