Will this alt really do what it's rated?

The 270xp is the hairpin 6 phase and is really the route I'd go honestly.

If you are buying from DC power.

the alt in the pic is not a hair pin winding but it is a 6phase stator

but,.. the pic could be wrong also.......

Right from DC power themselves.

Compared to Slot-wound stators, the Denso Hairpin stators have the following benefits:Hairpin stators are wound with square copper wire. Square wire allows more copper to be put in the same space when compared with stators wound traditionally with round wire.Hairpin stators have 96 slots compared to the 36 slots found on Slot-wound stators. This makes it possible to create a stronger electromagnetic field between the rotor and stator, allowing the unit to operate more efficiently than those with Slot-wound stators.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the alt in the pic is not a hair pin, but, is a 6phase..
Right I know, the one in the pic is the 320 which is why I suggested looking at the 270 xp which is a hairpin 6 phase alt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the alt in the pic is not a hair pin, but, is a 6phase..
Right I know, the one in the pic is the 320 which is why I suggested looking at the 270 xp which is a hairpin 6 phase alt.

shit.. my bad.....

if the hair pin is avalible, thats what id do.. .regardless of upper out put.... just me..

I see what your saying...

idle output trumps all. just my opinion. then add more alts with more output at high rpm or more with the same at idle. after the first its just preference really. Smooth flat output is like a nice flat torque curve. again, just my $.02

Usually smaller alts do better at idle also the 270 being a hairpin it should be more efficient than the 320.

idle output trumps all. just my opinion. then add more alts with more output at high rpm or more with the same at idle. after the first its just preference really. Smooth flat output is like a nice flat torque curve. again, just my $.02

I can only fit 1 alt so I need the best one I can get.

You're going to need a pretty big reserve to daily that if you can't fit more than one alt.

I've never ran anything that big but im sure someone else could chime in with how much batt you'll need.

Archived