Second Skin Audio

System upgrade

MrSevs

I am currently running 2 SA-15's on a Sundown SCV-2000D at .5ohm. I am wanting to upgrade what I have but cannot do it all at once so my thought was to start with the subs that will do well with my current amp and will also take more power when I go that direction. Does anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind this is all going in a trunk so space is a little limited...

Switch to 12s if space is a limiting factor, more trunk space and better performing subs in smaller box

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Switch to 12s if space is a limiting factor, more trunk space and better performing subs in smaller box

I actually get pretty good sound out of the 2 15's... but as I'm sure you are familiar with; we always want something louder / better. My thought was 2 ZV3-15's but I wasnt to sure how well they would sound off this amp until I can strap another 2000D or swap out my amp for all together for something bigger. I have the power up front to handle more... just not the money at this time to do it all at once.

Are your subs facing up or facing forward/backward with your current setup? What kind of car is it?

Any pictures of your current box?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198731-ninja-destroyedtotaled-the-car-at-slam-new-video-added-6182015/

remember there is a point where things start breaking read page one and 2 also watch the videos

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Are your subs facing up or facing forward/backward with your current setup? What kind of car is it?

Any pictures of your current box?

They are currently facing up with port back. I found this to be the loudest in the car. It is a 2013 Hyundai Azera. I do not have any on me... I can PM them to you later if this helps.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198731-ninja-destroyedtotaled-the-car-at-slam-new-video-added-6182015/

remember there is a point where things start breaking read page one and 2 also watch the videos

Dayummm! Looking for more but not in this direction. hahaha! That car took a beating!

personally id go big amp first just to see how well my current subs hold up before I upgrade

not abusive though to the point of breaking them

I've thought about that as well. I just don't know how much more they can take without breaking them. The bang pretty damn hard right now off the SCV-2000D... And as many claim that Sundown is underrated, I am not sure I want to find out what their breaking point is.

What is you overall goal? Do you compete or you looking for SQ? Tell us your end result you want? How much airspace is your current box or how much airspace do you have to play with? Sundown SA's are great subs in the correct airspace.

Archived