Sundown Audio

Amp dyno

afrakes

Has anybody amp dyno'd an audioque or soundqubed 1200d? Just curious because people always claim they do 1500 rms all day, just wanna see some proof.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I'd like to see proof too. No soundqubed dynos except the 2200 vs the hifonics 2400 as far as I know (real world amp tests thread). I'm probably in the top ten soundqubed nuthuggers on here, but I won't claim they'll do anymore than what soundqubed says. With the 2200 test, I imagine the voltage being a consistent 14vdc it would have done the 2200, it wasn't short by very much at all, much closer to rated than the 2400 hifonics was.

Yeah I always knew they were a good amp for efficiency and watt to dollar ratio, so I picked up an old audioque 1200, waiting to buy a havoc 15 when funds allow to take the power. Would really like to c the true output of these little monoblocks.

I would love to see what my 3500 does on a dyno. But I don't want to ship it unfortunately because insured or not, if it gets damaged or anything. I'm out an amp that I don't want to lose. If anyone local to Virginia has a dyno, that would be worth a driving trip. I could send a kicker cx1200.1 though... If anyone is interested in that since it's supposed to be the "weaker" line of kicker amps

We've actually done the SQ 2200, and the Kicker CX1200.1 here at The Amp Lab. The Kicker CX1200 does surprisingly well. It does rated power at rated voltage. pretty cool.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Cool. I never had any issues with it nor complaints about output. Now it's sitting in the closet as nothing but a memory

Someone send me an amp and I will test it

Lol unless we could meet up I wouldn't risk shipping it plus paying for the shipping. I'm curious, just not that curious haha

Archived