I used DJM 3" front springs, and 4" angled blocks in the rear on my 97 S-10. Loved that truck. If you go with BelTech drop 2" spindles, like ToNasty stated, either use the ZQ8 or a 1" BelTech or DJM drop spring. The ZQ8 is 1.5" drop btw. Using a <3" spring you can get away with not using the BelTech red rubber coil isolator. Anymore and you're going too low. I did BelTech 2" spindles and DJM 3" springs, and the GMC Jimmy is alittle too low in the front. Tire rub with turning the 245/45/18 tires.

Going to have to go with a 2" spring to get the front back up abit and get rid of the rub.

-Frank

5 inches in the front need 225/40 18's to not rub.

Make sure you get springs to fit your engine size too. and the ext vs regular cab springs are different.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I used DJM 3" front springs, and 4" angled blocks in the rear on my 97 S-10. Loved that truck. If you go with BelTech drop 2" spindles, like ToNasty stated, either use the ZQ8 or a 1" BelTech or DJM drop spring. The ZQ8 is 1.5" drop btw. Using a <3" spring you can get away with not using the BelTech red rubber coil isolator. Anymore and you're going too low. I did BelTech 2" spindles and DJM 3" springs, and the GMC Jimmy is alittle too low in the front. Tire rub with turning the 245/45/18 tires.

Going to have to go with a 2" spring to get the front back up abit and get rid of the rub.

-Frank

5 inches in the front need 225/40 18's to not rub.

Make sure you get springs to fit your engine size too. and the ext vs regular cab springs are different.

When dealing with after market springs, the paperwork states the 4.3 will be at the indicated level advertised. The 2.2 will be about 3/4 higher.

Tarball, I liked the street mod look. Racing center hood. Webasto sunroof. Tanneau cover. I had ADR 18x8.5 chrome Sterlings with 38 offsets off of my old Lexus SC300. I had to get to spacers that were 3 3/4" wide to push the rims to the edge of the wheel wells. 40 Series would have solved my rubbing issue, but I didn't want any wheel well gap. I got complements frequently with that stance. I didn't want my S10 to have that wheel tuck. Dakotah, I will try to find a pic.

-Frank

Dakotah, you probably already have an idea of what you want to do with your truck. IMO, pushing the wheels out makes a huge difference in apperance.

Also, take a look at the exhaust. Someone stole my spare, so instead of getting another one, I bought and traced the oval rounded exhaust tip and scribed the oval on to the rear quarter panel. Made the oval with an angle grinder. Took the truck down to the muffler shop and had them mount the tip flush to the hole. Got a lot of complements on that as well. I was going to make a riveted trim panel for it out of aluminum, like those gas cap covers, but never finished it. Back in the day, they made this mod as a bolt for about $350 just for the tips & riveted trim panels.

Note, the 16" or 20" tips will be in the space of the spare tire area, so no spare.

182873_1809778214745_8334246_n_zps278vhm

10222008004.jpg

10222008002.jpg

-Frank

• 1 month later...

Archived