Second Skin Audio

W7 10s how to make them hit lower?

So after a few months of playing with different boxes, I'm stuck on something. I can't get them to hit in the low 30s like I want. Nice smooth and deep bass. The vehicle is a Ford Escape. All my boxes end up in the high 30s- low 40s. Which has been great as far as use on all music, yes I listen to everything literally. But I want like T line style low lows out of them also. Is it even possible or am I wasting time ? We're these not designed to play super low super loud?

Whats the specs on your box? Net volume, port area, & tuning.

With the proper box you should be able to get good low frequency output out of those subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

OP I think a whole sketch of the box would be best "2.9 overall" I don't understand if it's external volume? net volume?

BTW, the sub should be able to play the lows, if you get the lows at low volume but not at higher volume it may be low port area.

JL specs I believe tune you to 35 hz. If you tune lower (like 30 Hz or so) that should help with the lows.

What amp are you using?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived