Second Skin Audio

My Attempt At A T-line

first attempt at a t-line...i believe i did all the math right. going to use 2 of my BTL's for this. here's what i came up with:

port length = 8 ft overall

port area = 350 sq inches

port length = 40"

port height = 8.75"

that math should work out...so basically i have it so it goes back 20" and curves 3 times. i've accounted for wood displacement and all that, but when i was makin the diagram for a visual in sketchup (fucker froze on me again in the middle of it...and wont work again so i cant make an actual model of it) and it looked really tall...and not all that long. dno any other specifics of t-lines and what they require...but this pic shows basically what it woulda looked like

Tline.jpg

so it looks pretty tall instead of long...and i'm not sure how this'll effect the sound. anyone with knowledge/experience with a t-line know if this will work or not?

oh yes...45's are a given. i had em in my sketchup drawing...but damn sketchup. i just didnt feel like puttin em in the paintbrush version.

but overall...that's not too tall? vs how long it is? wasnt sure if air flow would not flow right...or somethin...but hell i'll give it a shot :)

also...how much power is safe to put on a speaker in a t-line? isnt a lil more 'power sensitive'? i think i read somethin about it a while ago. i wanna hook an SAZ-3000D's to each at .5 ohms. give em about 3k ish still...if that's safe. yay or nay?

it'll fit...i know my measurements for my trunk area. i cant fit 4...but 2 will work. i looked for their stuff too...damn site. i googled it and found em on RoE. think it was...35.7?

41.5 wide, 20" deep, and i think almost 30" tall? i got the measurements at home

that port length is right for one sub....and im not sure if you need to double it for two sub...?

b/c for one sub i get about 176sq" of port about 8ft long....so i see where you are getting your 350sq" of port for two subs....i just dont know if the length should change also....

im sure foreverbumpn will chime in...

i likes me some audio stuff...

i could make 2 boxes and sit em side by side. so each box would have 8 feet worth of port, i'm just letting em share a common chamber. so i wouldnt think they'd need to increase the port length. if so...i'll just keep em separate

Edited by ExpoSport