moredbs Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 if you have the money and space for 4 15s do it. you can run them on low power,until you can beef up your electrical. That much cone area even on small power can still sound impressive with a good enclosure.
Carnines Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Posted June 28, 2015 I really don't have the space for 4 15's at all. 3 15's would be the max and that would be pushing it.
ToNasty Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 I'd figure out my alt situation first. Make sure you can power 2 3500s. The amp I'm getting, I probably don't have enough alt for but I can fit 4 on my truck. Not sure about a frontier ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Carnines Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Posted June 28, 2015 I mean if I did 3 cubes per 15 yea but id rather have a larger box with less subs and some room left over to put batteries.
moredbs Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 3 15s can get pretty loud also. a 370 six phase alternator ,with a good battery bank would be a good start.
Carnines Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Posted June 28, 2015 If I can get a 370, if not 270 will be my only other option but the difference in idle performance isn't massive. A smaller box would also be good at reducing the peakyness of the Sp4's with the cost of some output.. if I were to run 3 15's they would need be to rated in the 2k rms range.
moredbs Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 If I can get a 370, if not 270 will be my only other option but the difference in idle performance isn't massive. A smaller box would also be good at reducing the peakyness of the Sp4's with the cost of some output.. if I were to run 3 15's they would need be to rated in the 2k rms range. why 2k rms, sp4s can get nasty on less power and you won't have to upgrade your subs later.(if your electrical gets beefed up) i ran 3 sp4s off a sound qube 3500.1 and it was pretty impressive.
Carnines Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Posted June 28, 2015 I like to at least give rated to subs...especially when those subs are high end competition level subs that could probably take 5k all day.
ToNasty Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 I like to at least give rated to subs...especially when those subs are high end competition level subs that could probably take 5k all day. High end competition grade? That shouldn't matter in my.opinion. you build thr box to the power. The power will matter to a certain point. The box is a huge part ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.