Dewayne89 Posted July 7, 2015 Report Posted July 7, 2015 I notice most designs use a narrow L shaped slot port. I put a wide straight one in my box and it makes no port noise. My buddies is even wider and shorter and seems to move much more air but sounds "windy". I'm sure all this has been explained 100 times but a brief comparison of trade offs would be great.
Dewayne89 Posted July 7, 2015 Author Report Posted July 7, 2015 I might add that I have been an enthusiast for years but just recently got into box building and ported boxes. I swore by sealed until I got this re that forbids a sealed application. So now I'm learning.
Ninja_v1.0 Posted July 7, 2015 Report Posted July 7, 2015 the "l" shape is only for tuning. You have to bend the port sometimes because in some situations you don't have enough depth. When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Dewayne89 Posted July 7, 2015 Author Report Posted July 7, 2015 the "l" shape is only for tuning. You have to bend the port sometimes because in some situations you don't have enough depth.
Ninja_v1.0 Posted July 7, 2015 Report Posted July 7, 2015 did you have a response or need more help ? When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Ninja_v1.0 Posted July 7, 2015 Report Posted July 7, 2015 That makes sense Cool.. Thanks for asking and you have a wonderful day browsing the forum When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Joe X Posted July 7, 2015 Report Posted July 7, 2015 I notice most designs use a narrow L shaped slot port. I put a wide straight one in my box and it makes no port noise. My buddies is even wider and shorter and seems to move much more air but sounds "windy". I'm sure all this has been explained 100 times but a brief comparison of trade offs would be great. I would like to add that most likely your buddy had low port area, don't get the idea that ports that turn get "windy" just because are L shaped.
Dewayne89 Posted July 7, 2015 Author Report Posted July 7, 2015 Thanks guys. Does port area refer to the airspace within the port or the surface area along its walls?
Joe X Posted July 7, 2015 Report Posted July 7, 2015 No, cross-sectional area, say, height per width.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.