Alt noise engine off

Finally got my shit playing (again) and now something is draining my batts overnight. Did some troubleshooting and couldn't find anything. So charged the batts and hooked em up, left them for a few hours and came back popped the hood and I could hear a faint high pitched wine (my head completely inside the engine bay). Looked around and it's the alt, it was warm to the touch and the engine is shut off. What could cause this? Any thoughts?

Second, make sure none of the batteries are connected to each other after you charge them, and see if maybe one of them is bad and draining the others

Well the noise is definitely coming from the alt. unplugged it and it stopped. Not sure what's causing this. What else should I check? Or should I just email mike singer?

Yep. Talk to singer. Something internally went wrong. I wouldn't use it personally till its fixed. Especially not if it's causing my batteries to drain. I would still disconnect all batteries from each other and the alt and see if they hold their resting voltage after a charge though.

Archived