BigManAC Posted July 13, 2015 Report Posted July 13, 2015 I am going to be moving to Wilmington soon since I will be starting my Junior year at UNCW and I am finally getting my own place. When my sister moved out a few years ago for her freshman year at college she didn't want any old furniture and wanted stuff almost new. Well I know my parents spent a ton of money on her move so I told them for my furniture the cheaper the better and free is best. Anyway my mom found these two bar stools behind a dumpster at her work and set them aside for me. They are in good condition and just need to be painted and reupholstered. I spent $35 total on paint, fabric, and foam for the stools. I am changing the chrome finish to a dark grey hammered finish and the black upholstery to a dark grey/black vinyl. Here is the work so far. Here are the bar stools, there are two of them. I took some steel wool to them to get all of the pitting and rust off Then it was time to paint The new high density foam next to the tiny foam Tops separated and the foam cut out The new fabric (left) and the old (right) 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
79 cutty Posted July 14, 2015 Report Posted July 14, 2015 Progress looks good so far, but did you have a beaver trim the foam for you? Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
BigManAC Posted July 14, 2015 Author Report Posted July 14, 2015 Progress looks good so far, but did you have a beaver trim the foam for you? Haha I think a beaver would have done a better job. All I had was my pocket knife on me so I had to make due. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
BigManAC Posted July 14, 2015 Author Report Posted July 14, 2015 Finished up the bar stools today. I had to go out and buy a staple gun to get it finished but I got it done. Got the seats wrapped. The bottom assembled. The finished project. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
reedal Posted July 14, 2015 Report Posted July 14, 2015 Looks good. Nice and simple project SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
BigManAC Posted July 14, 2015 Author Report Posted July 14, 2015 Thank you. Yeah I figured it would be simple and it was. Ive always like doing stuff like this. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.