Confused by volt meter issue??

so I have had a stinger volt meter for almost a year with no issues. I just recently got a second meter(one for front batt, one for back batt bank) and for a day or two it was fine, but now I am having issues.

-Both meters are hooked up to the same turn on wire (head unit)

-both will work when hooked up to the front battery, but when I try to hook one up to the back batteries, it won't turn on.

-I have ran 3 different wires to the back and none have worked, but for the one that's not turning on, if I connect to front battery, it works.

-when running to the back, it will work if I connect remote and power wore together, but not if remote is connected to hu.

I don't understand how it will work for front battery, but not the back. And how it will work on the back if remote is to the power wire, but not if remote is to the hu. I have tried switching which meter is for front and back and still have an issue for whatever one is going to the back.

And I tested the back batteries and they are at 12.9 so should be fine.

Any thoughts???

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Also, When the meter going to the back is connected to hu remote and won't work, if I reverse the positive and negative, it will display "er" but then goes black when positive is on positive and neg is on neg. starting to get frustrated....

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Yes. They are on a lug. Every connection is tight. Each volt meter works for the front, but none work for back. And if I connect remote to power, then it will work.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

seems like your ground to the head unit is not in the same circuit for the ground with the back batteries. Id check to make sure you have a proper frame ground from your head unit, your front battery, and your back battery bank. If you dont its very possible thats why because your front battery and hu are on the same ground, but it isnt a common ground with the rear battery bank

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

And it's the exact same lug connection/wire being used when testing both front and back? The only variable that changes between the two besides batteries is each time you connect it.

seems like your ground to the head unit is not in the same circuit for the ground with the back batteries. Id check to make sure you have a proper frame ground from your head unit, your front battery, and your back battery bank. If you dont its very possible thats why because your front battery and hu are on the same ground, but it isnt a common ground with the rear battery bank

That was exactly it! I grounded my hu and it turned on. Thank you very much tboorn

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

sweet glad i could resolve it!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived