Sonic Electronix

WTF is going on? 35hz and below in new car can only be felt not heard :-(

Setup is an sa-12 in 2ft^3 35hz off 900w rms and pioneer HU. This setup was in my vw Golf and was everything I wanted in a system. I recently traded the Golf in for a 2015 Kia Soul. Installed the system the same day. I noticed right away the the bass response sounded very different than in the golf. The best way to describe it is anything below 35hz is felt more the heard. The car flexes on those frequencies and the woofer excursion looks normal which tells me everything is functioning fine with the system this seems to be an acoustical effect caused by the shape of the car of airspace or something, which is weird considering this car is roughly the same size as the golf as well as being a hatchback. Either way I'm not really enjoying the system anymore considering most of what i listen to and enjoy about the set up is the below 35hz impact :-(

Basshead not audiophile

Positioning the sub can make all the difference. Try as many different angles as you can.

What are you doing now, firing back, forward, up???

also, deadener can make a difference too.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

every car is different for example i made a box for 2 18 right on the money using bass box 6 then i put it my truck sounded like crap it sounded like it was out of phase then we put in a Tahoe sounded great

Archived