Second Skin Audio

4th order design opinions for 4 15s

Beanz

New%204th%20order_zpshjooutad.png

What do yiu guys think of this one? It looks pretty good. Subs are hdc300 15 inch with the subs going to be inverted

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Bumps.. This look good guys

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Its hard to say anything about it without knowing a lot more specifics. I know you had another thread about bandpass boxes a while back, but I can't remember what you said and I don't want to have to dig up all that info again.

First off we need to what the sealed and ported volumes of the box are & length of the port/what is it tuned to. I'm sure I could figure some of that out from the picture, but that takes time and effort and if you want help you need to make it easy for people to help you, not hard. Then tell us what amp, what vehicle its going in, and what your goals are for system.

About the only thing I can tell you at this point is those subs probably aren't going to work well in a 4th order bandpass, it doesn't have nearly enough port area, and needs bracing.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The ratio is 2.5:1 with about 1.5 cubes for the sealed side

. And the ported tuning is at 41 HZ..

Vehicle is going into a escalade ext with 4300rms amp and goals for this is to be a mean demo machine.. The bracing is still on hold for now so we can figure iut how were going to install the subs

Port length is 4.75 inches

And on the other box it had a wall in the middle you guys kinda told me the wall was useless and I didn't have enough port area

So what tuning should I shoot for.. And I have about 162sq inch of port

Like any other high ratio band pass box, the output is going I be pretty peaky. You are probably looking at having good output from mid 30s to mid 40s with it falling off pretty fast above and below that.

For port area I would use at least twice what you have in the picture, so at least 276 sq in.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived