how to wire 2 subs question

I am planning on putting 2 dc level 5 18's in my care on 2 crescendo bc3500's my question is which would be better to run? strap the 2 amps and run it at 2 ohms final? (1 ohm each amp) for 7000 watts or run each sub to its own amp 1ohm final on each amp? i just wanted to know which would be better so i know what impedance to buy on the subs

You'd buy the same ohm subs either way.... If you buy 2 dual 2 subs you could wire them together straped the amps at 2ohm load ,or 1ohm to each amp separately not strapped.

If you have a cc1 to set your gains correct, I'd go with the amps not strapped. Strapped them if you don't have a cc1...

To me I'd only strap amps if it's a must.

Either way should yield a similar result.

Me personally I wouldn't strap them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you don't have a CC1 or a way to match your gains, I'd strap them. Without the right tools its a mofo to get the gains matched.

Not hard to get the gains matched at all, all you need is a multi meter and a dd-1 or an o-scope.

Really it's personal preference some people say they have better results strapped and others say they have better results not strapped.

Really it wouldn't be hard for you to switch the wiring around and try it both ways for yourself.

Any reason you are going with two amps instead of one big one?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i had my subs running on 2 amps. never gained matched them and never had a problem. its not like the world will end if you don't gain match. the strapping is there for simplicity

i had my subs running on 2 amps. never gained matched them and never had a problem. its not like the world will end if you don't gain match. the strapping is there for simplicity

Your knowledge compared to the OP is greater I'd hope, but I'm not sure with you teaching the just guess method.

If the OP isn't sure about how to wire or what ohm subs to buy, I'm pretty sure the just guess method ain't the way to go.

And strapping amps besides being for simplicity it eliminates they need to gain match.

Archived