Jump to content

4 door mids and highs help/advice


smity

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok guys going to be rebuilding everything in my SUV 4 door C-pillar. Im trying to run 1) Ft1 super tweeter for high vocals, 2) 6.5" for just vocals, 2) 8" for just midbass. I want to be able to fade the 8" midbass with the vocals of the 6.5" and I want to be able to also fade the high vocals with the regular vocals. Would I be better doing 3 eq's or a dsp or what? I need help and advice please.

Posted

You could run 2 amps, a 2 channel to the super tweets. Then get a 4 channel with band pass filtering to cross over the rest. Or get some nice EQ to handle it all.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

I planned on running 3 4 channels one for each set of speakers. And I want speakers in my rear doors because I usually have people back there.

Posted

That is going to be so much to do. Go ahead and splurge. But really the people in the back aren't going to be as much an enthusiast as you. 6x9's will suffice for them.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

So if I ditch the back doors completely and I run a pair of 6.5, a pair of 8 and a single super tweeter in each door do you think the back passengers will be fine? The speakers will be single 4 ohm. Bridge 1&2 and 3&4 on both 4 channel amps for the 6.5" and the 8" both speakers would be at 2 bridged. Then on the third 4 channel bride it and run 1) tweeter on 1&2 and the other on 3&4.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...