Jump to content

What to look for when searching for an equalizer.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have finally worked out all of the bugs and my build is 99% done, all that's left is the amp rack for the S800.4 and its done. For a while now I have been looking into getting an equalizer but it's been on the back burner. I'm not sure that I need one since all oft crossover points are set on my amps but it was an option I was giving thought to. Is there any benefit to using an equalizer and if so what are some things that I need to look for in an equalizer when considering one. My equipment is in my sig and I have 6 channels running from my HU to the amps; front, rear, and sub. (In case it matters)

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

Gives you the ability to tune the sounds your speakers reproduce. If you have some frequencies that sound peaky or drown out other parts of the music you listen to then you adjust it down so you don't have it peaking. The easiest way is to use an RTA with an EQ and some pink noise, adjust all of the peaks until they're flat with the rest of the frequencies, and then adjust accordingly from there for the sound you like.

Posted

A equalizer can also add noise to a system. Your higher end head units will have eq built in to them. A sound processor is a better piece of equipment to tweek your system.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

Alright I'll look into both. Thanks guys

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...