Second Skin Audio

T line design?

d-REW

I'm trying to figure out a t line design for a Image dynamics IDQ10 v3 d2 Based off what I've read it seems it should work just not too sure how to design it from the dimensions off the ts parameters. It will be ran on 500 watts in a suv dimensions to work with are 45w max 24d max and 18h max. Anyone good at these type of enclosures that could help out.

Fs 25.528

Qts .384

Vas 71L

Sd 399.1cm

Qms 2.100

Xmax 19mm

Qes .470

tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown

Googled the sub, it's a 10 inch correct? Sd was ~399 sq centimeters, converted to inches is ~62 sq inches. That'll be the opening of the tline. To find out the length all you do is take the speed of sound 1130ft/sec, divide by the resonant frequency (25.528 hz), and then divide again to get the quarter wave length. So the tline will be 62 sq inches by 11.07 feet long (~132.8 inches long).

The trickiest part is just contouring it and bending it around in your maximum dimensions.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Googled the sub, it's a 10 inch correct? Sd was ~399 sq centimeters, converted to inches is ~62 sq inches. That'll be the opening of the tline. To find out the length all you do is take the speed of sound 1130ft/sec, divide by the resonant frequency (25.528 hz), and then divide again to get the quarter wave length. So the tline will be 62 sq inches by 11.07 feet long (~132.8 inches long).

The trickiest part is just contouring it and bending it around in your maximum dimensions.

The problem with this method is it tries to be a one-size-fits-all solution. Its more like a one-size-fits-almost-none. You have no idea what the final result is going to sound like, it could give smooth even response with good low end output, or it could be a peaky one-note wonder. Chances are its going to be closer to the latter of the two.

d-REW, what kind of music do you listen to?

One thing to keep in mind with T-lines is they basically do the same thing as a ported box, they just do it in a different way. Because of this their performance is going to be very similar to what a ported box would be of similar size.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Alright, here is what I came up with:

jQ740mZ.jpg

Its tuned to 32 Hz and should give good output down to about the mid 20's. The box is almost deep enough to mount the sub with the motor in. Unfortunately almost doesn't count so you will need to either reverse mount the sub, or put a 1/2 trim panel on the front to give you more mounting depth. I can show you what that would look like if you want. If you think it looks good I'll post all the specs you need to build it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Ya I could give it a try what's the upper cut off look like

Pretty much as high as you would reasonably want to go, here is what the frequency response looks like:

GU7RfOF.jpg

Cabin gain is going to boost the low end quite a bit.

Builds:

These pictures should show what you need to know. All panels except the top and bottom are 10" wide.

ovUzEPR.jpg

vGs6j4G.jpg

hcaO8qx.jpg

Builds:

Archived