Second Skin Audio

Who wants to help me design an enclosure

Wow, awesome, thanks for all your help and time. If you are ever in the Puyallup/Covington area let me buy you a beer.

No prob, glad I could help. My sister-in-law lives in Auburn so I might take you up on that beer!

Here is what you need to know to build the box, let me know if you have any other questions:

SHtbZB1.jpg

5UCtzp7.jpg

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Tuned in for the results btard! :yahoo:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Just wanted to add a ported alternative to the sealed box posted in case you overtime wanted a more efficient alternative to sealed but preserving many of the qualities of sealed boxes like low group delay and a near flat response, dimensions are still within your maximum, should you give it a try push no more than rated power and use your subsonic filter:

dayton.jpg

daytonpic.jpg

Thanks for the second design Joe, I will try it if I am unhappy with the current design. Box is almost assembled, have to glue the top on tonight, will update with pictures soonish and results once the amplifiers, speakers, headunit is installed. Headunit is being a PITA, I hate fiberglass :vava:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help guys, sorry for the late update, built the sealed unit, sounds amazing with the Dayton 10. Definitely much better than the jl 10 i had. Much impress. I will post pictures of the box after it is all carpeted and cleaned up. Just been using it without the edges sanded and carpet until I was positive it was what I was looking for.

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I look forward to seeing the pics!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived