Second Skin Audio

Got Bored Cool Box

I did get the QTS from tfade which was 1.2 and the the fs being 22 23 hz lol something tells me those figures are way off as that would give an EBP of 20

Fresh built stiff as hell mine was 1.4 and 28hz using the smith and larson.

I have more to add when I get home from work.

curious to read more about this lol lowest EBP ever?

Still on my cell so I'll do the best I can remembering what I wanted to comment on.

Ideal port area. I don't know that there is an ideal end all be all. I usually try multiple configurations on the meter and to the ear. Considering bandwidth, loudness, air movement and how it sounds. I've found on my builds all things considered is usually a little larger than 1/2 of cone area. Big ports work too, but usually I lose loudness at lower end and quite a bit of compression. Around cabin peak it was not a huge difference on the meter.

5.5 cubes is beyond tiny. That would be fine if you were trying to bring sealed resonance up and peak high and put a rediculous amount of power on it. If that were the case you got the wrong sub for that.

Ts measurements. A fresh built sub is not that great to get accurate readings from. Nor is a 1w signal. Break it in some and retest. The 18 shd dropped almost 10hz fs after the suspension softened up. Even still it's a guideline at best imo. I can tell you from playing around they like monster enclosures and lean towards sealed over ported. I'm about to build another test enclosure in a couple weeks if you care to know the results of that.

I'd agree with breaking the sub in before running T/S parameters. I saw the HDC3 12" sub go from strictly a ported application only, to PERFECTLY suited for a 4th BP. Qes went up and Fs went down far below what Soundqubed lists on their website.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 1 month later...

yep sub motors screwed on the sub.... pole piece shifted 1.5 mm not cost effective to fix the motor. the coil seems to be mis aligned as well... im putting a digitial micrometer to that later on tonight. (to top assembly. ) if all is good with the top half im going to locate a better motor. the shd / tsns motor was great 8 years ago but there is better motors now.

Possible thoughts are The Dc Level 6 m3 motor

pending motor gap.

http://shop.subwooferparts.com/product.sc?productId=341&categoryId=32

this guy. a few people have suggested coil gap would be very tight

b2 audio

talking to them to see if any of there motors will work

and pure audio pxa 4

have to check gap here as well

the motor will be upforsale dirt cheap if anyone wants it.. like 150$ Team psi offered to fix it for 80-100$ however shipping is redicious due to the 85pound weight of the motor.

In terms of other updates I have all the batteries now. The alternator came back from mechman earlier today. have all the wiring. So im going to wire the truck up some point this weekend.

looking for the biggest motor i can possibly do to throw that cone like tissue paper

also hopefully it will change EBP positively so i can doa 6th order series tuned but isnt that more effected by soft parts?

Archived