Second Skin Audio

Got Bored Cool Box

I was playing around with a sub box designs while waiting for my 24 to ship. I came up with this when bored

4th%20idk_zpsqq0vwu8s.png

4th%20idk%202_zpszjskcg6g.png

12 cu ft Net Both sealed and Ported. 1:1 ratio. Ported Side Tuned to 26.5 Hz, 227.78 sq of Port. Double layers of 3/4 inch all the way around with a sheet of 1 inch thick plexi to view the sub when you fold down the rear seats. port fires into the rear doors of the Suburban.

Thoughts?

double post. also sorry about the poster size pics.

I dont want the sub to load off the port in anyway shape or from. Im want it to center load off the rear door as the truck seems to like that the most in terms of port placement, im attempting to have no obstructions between the sub and the port for nice smooth airflow. this is why the port is so goofy.

I may play with it more later. But as of now 40hz is tough. those 2hz more is going to be extremely tough while shirking the port 150 sq in's

#2 is a way better design. Not sure why you are doing the port that way tho.

I would raise tuning to 42hz and shrink down the port area to around 300 sqin. That much port area you are going to lose a lot of port velocity.

Keep in mind the first pic is no port installed.

So what port velocity do you consider to be ideal?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived