Triticum Agricolam Posted August 11, 2015 Report Posted August 11, 2015 Which direction you face them probably isn't going to make a huge difference. If you drew a sketch of what you have in mind you would probably get a better answer. I would just make sure the motors are in the ported side for better cooling. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
toolshed Posted August 11, 2015 Author Report Posted August 11, 2015 Which one would be best? Please excuse my art haha
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 11, 2015 Report Posted August 11, 2015 Your art makes it pretty clear! Good job. There isn't going to be a huge difference between the two, if I had to pick though I'd go with B since you are less likely to get out of band noise if you can't see the subs through the port. That's really splitting hairs though. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted August 11, 2015 Report Posted August 11, 2015 If I were to divide chambers I would rather divide the sealed chamber, not sure if you have an specific reason to divide the ported chamber.
toolshed Posted August 11, 2015 Author Report Posted August 11, 2015 I was planning on dividing the sealed chamber too. I forgot to draw it. ... Just another idea, would a 6th order possibly be louder?
toolshed Posted August 22, 2015 Author Report Posted August 22, 2015 1st box built. I ended up with 2.8 cubes on the sealed side and 6.1 in the ported side per 15. The sub is mounted inverted in the ported side. It's pretty loud but didn't really play it loud cuz the glue isn't dry..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.