Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Question about box size and design..


Recommended Posts

Posted

Questions in second paragraph..

Ok so I have 2 sundown zv3 12s. Will be running at 2 or 4 ohm on a Banda 5k 1ohm. I am building a wall/box sealed from trunk and firing with subs and port forward directly into cabin. It will be sealed so no air gets into rear deck or the sides.

I have 17" high, 36 wide, and 24 deep to work with leaving room for batteries and amps for highs.. I know that would be a little over what sundown calls for, going to run a 8" aero. Will this be alright?Will it hit good and not have to worry about unloading them. What are your ideas as well?

I have though about doing a removable false wall for when I am at comp..think it would work?

Will have my daily/demo port and a comp port to switch too..

Posted

A single 8" port is probably going to be good up to around 1,000 watts. If you are going to be running much more than that you should probably have more port area.

Are your subs D2 or D4 coils? You can't wire the same two subs to 2 ohms or 4 ohms.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Ok so I have 2 sundown zv3 12s. Will be running at 2 or 4 ohm on a Banda 5k 1ohm.

Meh. Those subs and Bandas are garbage. You should reconsider.

;)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Ok so I have 2 sundown zv3 12s. Will be running at 2 or 4 ohm on a Banda 5k 1ohm.

Meh. Those subs and Bandas are garbage. You should reconsider.

I don't believe I asked for opinions on the subs or amp.. never had a single problem with either.. everybody talks trash about Brazilian boards but if you don't try to wire below rated and give them the power they want you are golden and they do work.

;)

Posted

I don't believe I asked for opinions on the subs or amp.. never had a single problem with either.. everybody talks trash about Brazilian boards but if you don't try to wire below rated and give them the power they want you are golden and they do work.

;)

Fuck, chill haha... I run zv3s and a banda 7k. I was messing around lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Considering you are looking to compete I'd say that is just not a good plan.

What are you thinking I should do then?

Wanting to get started building and possibly finished by Thursday for the most part beauty work can be next week. Have Wednesday and Thursday to get shiat done lol.

A single 8" aero is just fine for 2 12s ive seen alot of build just run 1 8" on 2 12s. Aero ports require less port area then a slot port. Slot port is my last resort.

Posted
What are you thinking I should do then?

Wanting to get started building and possibly finished by Thursday for the most part beauty work can be next week. Have Wednesday and Thursday to get shiat done lol.

A single 8" aero is just fine for 2 12s ive seen alot of build just run 1 8" on 2 12s. Aero ports require less port area then a slot port. Slot port is my last resort.

A single 8" aero is just fine for two 12" like you said, up to about a 1,000 watts. If you wire your amp at 4 ohms you will probably be fine, but I doubt you stay on that amount of power for long. Its true that you can get away with higher port velocities with an aero port than a slot port but only to a certain extent. The size of the box and the particular subs being used also factor into the equation. Once you go much over a 1,000 watts your port velocities are going to get above 30ish m/sec and your performance is going to suffer. Ask those people who are using a single 8" port what power they are running and port velocity they are getting, when they don't have an answer for you maybe you should think about that why that is.

You asked for input, and I'm giving you some. Its your system though, so do what you think is best.

You didn't say which coils your Zv3s have.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

What are you thinking I should do then?

Wanting to get started building and possibly finished by Thursday for the most part beauty work can be next week. Have Wednesday and Thursday to get shiat done lol.

A single 8" aero is just fine for 2 12s ive seen alot of build just run 1 8" on 2 12s. Aero ports require less port area then a slot port. Slot port is my last resort.

A single 8" aero is just fine for two 12" like you said, up to about a 1,000 watts. If you wire your amp at 4 ohms you will probably be fine, but I doubt you stay on that amount of power for long. Its true that you can get away with higher port velocities with an aero port than a slot port but only to a certain extent. The size of the box and the particular subs being used also factor into the equation. Once you go much over a 1,000 watts your port velocities are going to get above 30ish m/sec and your performance is going to suffer. Ask those people who are using a single 8" port what power they are running and port velocity they are getting, when they don't have an answer for you maybe you should think about that why that is.

You asked for input, and I'm giving you some. Its your system though, so do what you think is best.

You didn't say which coils your Zv3s have.

I understand that but it's more input about design or what to do as trying to get 2 different things from 1 box. Coils are D2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3349 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...