2015 GMC "smart" charging system

I was told the alts are the same from Anthony at DC alternators.

the same and the "same" are totaly different things im not going to argue with you about if the alts are the same or not it doesnt matter the alt is not the problem.

but if you really want to know what the facts are the alts are the same plug/mounting pattern they are not the "same". they are interchangeable.

the computer controls the charging the alt literally has nothing to do with this problem.

I charge at 12.8 a lot of the time. I really only charge in the 14s at night when my lights are on

so you are happy with that? you dont think its a problem that your amps get such an inconsistent voltage.

I'm telling you I was fighting with this for the longest time. Yes it's computer controlled. But the sensor tells the computer.

It's normal for it to do that. It's for saving gas. It's normal. The truck will only charge at what it needs to charge at. It doesn't need to charge at 14 all the time

I'm not arguing with you. Maybe I'm just not good at explaining things.

I'm in the middle of running dual alts so I don't have to worry about it anymore

I'm telling you I was fighting with this for the longest time. Yes it's computer controlled. But the sensor tells the computer.

It's normal for it to do that. It's for saving gas. It's normal. The truck will only charge at what it needs to charge at. It doesn't need to charge at 14 all the time

I'm not arguing with you. Maybe I'm just not good at explaining things.

I'm in the middle of running dual alts so I don't have to worry about it anymore

THANK YOU.. if you had started with that we couldnt have saved about 10 posts.

comes to forum to ask for help

argues with all the seasoned members. makes sense eh?

OP if you want to completely get rid of the smart charging bullshit, go get a dual alt bracket, get an internally regulated HO alt, or run an external regulator like a VCM, and run your system off of that charging system. VOILA no more smart charging effecting your amps input voltage!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

you added that you've been fighting with it forever and that you had to go to dual alts to fix it..... which is new information. so basically if you had started with that i would have simply asked "so theres no way to trick the alt to charge at 14+"? and you'd have said "nope sorry". and we would be done.

instead you give me a run around with other information that doesn't matter and then i get called out for arguing with the seasoned members.

New people don't stay here long do they?

Archived