How to make a 17 yr old girl cry......

Deeznutz

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished the temporary install on Devin's truck today. Took me about 10 hrs to do between yesterday and today. Yes I work SLOW. I'm OCD about how I want things done. Took me a bit to fish the cables through the dash. I had to make 2 speaker mounts out of 1/4" MDF.

I few things I learned:

1. Use thick soldering wire instead of a coat hanger to fish stuff through. If it hangs up on something the wire will just bend and release the cable. No more worries if you ever get hung up on a wire harness as it passes!!!

2. With the cheap brittle Dodge plastic, when cutting tweeter holes with a 2" circle bit, drill the center hole first, than use the 2" circle bit IN REVERSE. It will cut just the same and it won't bind up. The first attempt at a hole, the bit dug in and the plastic broke and ripped itself apart making the circle look like a "D". I was like wtf!!!! I had to finish the circle with a dremel. The next attempt I did as above with the spin in reverse and it cut like butter through the plastic.

Anyway, here is the video. Very clean sounding. It's hard to go from 4 subs to 2. Your ear just get so used to it. The blow through will come next.

-Frank

Archived