toolshed Posted August 22, 2015 Report Posted August 22, 2015 The ported side of my 4th order is 6.1 I used the slot port calculator on 12 volt .com and it says to be at 45 hz dementions were 8.5 long 4 wide and 17.25 in height. Is that right? Do you use those calculators?
DrewJones Posted August 22, 2015 Report Posted August 22, 2015 I use anywhere from 12-16 SQIN of port per cube in 4th applications. If possible, have it adjustable so you can find the best size/depth for your application. TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L Drew Jones Bassahaulic Productions 4 SSA ZCON 15"s 2 Sundown SCV-6000's 6 AGM G31's 161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw 159.8 @ 36Hz Legal ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 22, 2015 Report Posted August 22, 2015 Based on the numbers you gave that should tune you to about 45 Hz. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
diegoclass2010 Posted August 22, 2015 Report Posted August 22, 2015 what kind of gear are you running? and whats your sealed side look like... it seams to me port area is kinda low, theres only 69 square inches of port area for 6 cubic feet
toolshed Posted August 22, 2015 Author Report Posted August 22, 2015 Running an American bass 15in dx off an earthquake 200dhc. Box is 29.5 x 19x 41.5
toolshed Posted August 23, 2015 Author Report Posted August 23, 2015 After its all sealed and dried up, one sub is as loud as 2 were in a sealed box. The 40-45 range is awesome. So should I expect the other sub to be twice as loud when I add it? I'm getting pretty excited here..
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 When you add the second sub, are you going to be adding more power or wiring to a lower impedance? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
toolshed Posted August 23, 2015 Author Report Posted August 23, 2015 I'll be going from 4 ohms to 2 ohms on the amp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.