Sonic Electronix

Anyone still make affordable butyl rubber deadener by the roll?

No reputable sound deadening butyl rubber will ever come on a roll. Anything that is on a roll was previously a roofing product re branded.

3 layers of a roofing product still will not deaden as good as ONE layer of high quality butyl rubber product like Second Skin Damplifier Pro.

Here is a nice video of what to expect when you go cheap and buy Asphalt roofing materials for your car:

But if you ignored all these guys and their greatly helpful information then you most likely don't care to hear tips/facts from us either.

Good Luck with your project, and always remember less quantity of higher quality product works much better than more quantity of a low quality product. Out gassing harmful vapors and melting tar should be left for the ROOF of your house :shok: not the inside of your vehicle.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

It's not hard to pass on roofing tar for me.

Give it some time it will melt off.

also bullshit it doesn't smell

You literally have to put your nose on the product to smell the plastic peel that covers the adhesive. There is zero noticeable smell. But whatever you say.

Current Setup : Nothing
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Something along those lines.

congrats on using a shit product

Well it's not my vehicle so I didn't make the decision. And it worked like a champ. The rear wall below the glass isn't rattling nearly as bad and the roof flex was probably cut in half. Whether or not the adhesive holds is another story but it's hot out right now and the stuff you can pick at with your finger behind the back seat is stuck tight.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

No reputable sound deadening butyl rubber will ever come on a roll. Anything that is on a roll was previously a roofing product re branded.

3 layers of a roofing product still will not deaden as good as ONE layer of high quality butyl rubber product like Second Skin Damplifier Pro.

Here is a nice video of what to expect when you go cheap and buy Asphalt roofing materials for your car:

But if you ignored all these guys and their greatly helpful information then you most likely don't care to hear tips/facts from us either.

Good Luck with your project, and always remember less quantity of higher quality product works much better than more quantity of a low quality product. Out gassing harmful vapors and melting tar should be left for the ROOF of your house :shok: not the inside of your vehicle.

You sound pretty childish for a rep of a company. I'm in sales too and I never bash the decisions other people make when they buy. I just hope it works out okay. Congrats on losing any future business I personally may have come to you for.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Yeah you don't bash your customers you just swindle them out of money.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah you don't bash your customers you just swindle them out of money.

Strong buzz word, swindle. I work 60 hours a week for 5-6 grand a month and the store makes smaller profit margins than Wal Mart. Please go cry somewhere else. How much do you think Second Skin makes off of 25000 dollars worth of deadener?

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

:popcorn2: tuned in for the butt hurt.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I tried peel and seal. Total crap. Sure put 3 4 5 layers on and you get some results. But for the same money you can go 1 layer and about half the area of good stuff.

But you know what they say. A fool and his money...

I tried peel and seal. Total crap. Sure put 3 4 5 layers on and you get some results. But for the same money you can go 1 layer and about half the area of good stuff.

But you know what they say. A fool and his money...

Hard to know what to believe when there are people on other forums who claim to have had it installed for years with no issues. And all together it was 48 dollars worth of material.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Archived