Second Skin Audio

Box design for RF T2D415

sTp

Hi guys i recently purchased a RF T2D415 sub and a T1000-1bdCP amp to power the sub and i am struggling with the box dimensions for the sub.

The dimensions of my boot H = 37cm L = 80cm D = 44cm.

Also i would like a slotted port design Don't know if this helps but i mainly listen to drum and bass, dubstep and house as i don't know what the best frequency to tune the box for this type of music.

Thanks sTp.

You are probably going to want to tune to the low 30s. Your space is going to be pretty tight for fitting a 15".

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

thanks for the help Joe as this box is slightly smaller than what RF recommend can it damage anything and will it make that much difference because its smaller than there recommended slot port design also how much bracing would you recommend as in the drawing it just has 2 i guess.

sorry for asking so many questions never made a box before only ever brought a pre built one.

Thanks sTp.

OK Joe that perfect just two final question when wiring the sub into the speaker terminal what gauge should i use i brought a RF 4 gauge kit for the install so do i use the speaker wire that came with it and last question is does it need any other internal bracing apart from the 2 shown in the drawing.

Thanks sTp.

Archived