200 Or 300 Amp Alternator

Ill be running Two 15" RE/FI cross breads. One Kinetic 2400, and a Stetsom 7k. Would my 110 amp Alt. be ok or should I go with a 200 amp or 300 amp. THANK YOU

What type of car? Raising voltage is the best way ask steve!

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

anytime you go over 1000-1500 watts, you're going to want to upgrade your alt and other electrical as well. you'll probably need 2 alts. i'd definitely go with the 300 amp alt. that 110 amp will die on you if you're not careful. my old one died on me on my old setup.

nice amp btw :)

Ill be running Two 15" RE/FI cross breads. One Kinetic 2400, and a Stetsom 7k. Would my 110 amp Alt. be ok or should I go with a 200 amp or 300 amp. THANK YOU

with an amp such as that one i'd do an HO alt and at least two batteries in the back.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You may not see a huge difference between the two.My self I bought 2-240 amp alternators and they were only about 10 more amps than factory at idle.After replacing the pulley with a smaller one I was seeing a 15 amp difference.While raising the car RPMs to 3000 I only saw a 30amp difference.After the smaller pulley and a 16.2 set point my alts will hit 200 but still drop off when hot. A 200 or 300 amp alt is tested cold so how long will it stay cold running. (not very)I've found this to be like a amps rms watts compared to its max watts. A 300 amp alt will heat up faster and give you a little more charge faster. A 200 amp will warm up slower and charge more stable longer. Either way you will see a difference how much does vary

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Archived