Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer wiring question

ILuvJDM

Oh, well if that's the case then I should just wire each sub to the amp. Both my subs are down to 2ohms on the quick disconnect box, so I assumed putting them both at the amp would still be a 2phm final load. I've only had single subwoofer setups before so that is a bridge I haven't had to cross before

4f75632d_4ohm_to_2ohm_zps83ws6hef.png

So ignore the amp label on this diagram, but if that was a sundown SAE-1000d monoblock, the amp would see 1ohm load and make full power?

Yes. Monoblock amps typically have two sets of sub output terminals for ease of wiring multiple sub woofers to one single amp. I've yet to see one that doesn't honestly, but maybe that's before my time...

Makes sense, it allows you to fit larger wires into the terminals. I just thought they were wired in a way that didn't change the resistance

Thanks for all the help guys, turns out I was headed in the right direction but second guessed myself right as I put the box in the truck. My jumper seems to do the job just fine but I think I would prefer to change it so all 4 outputs have wires.

Archived