ILuvJDM Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 Oh, well if that's the case then I should just wire each sub to the amp. Both my subs are down to 2ohms on the quick disconnect box, so I assumed putting them both at the amp would still be a 2phm final load. I've only had single subwoofer setups before so that is a bridge I haven't had to cross before
ILuvJDM Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 So ignore the amp label on this diagram, but if that was a sundown SAE-1000d monoblock, the amp would see 1ohm load and make full power?
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 26, 2015 Report Posted August 26, 2015 That is correct. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
reedal Posted August 26, 2015 Report Posted August 26, 2015 So ignore the amp label on this diagram, but if that was a sundown SAE-1000d monoblock, the amp would see 1ohm load and make full power? Yes. Monoblock amps typically have two sets of sub output terminals for ease of wiring multiple sub woofers to one single amp. I've yet to see one that doesn't honestly, but maybe that's before my time... SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
ILuvJDM Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 Makes sense, it allows you to fit larger wires into the terminals. I just thought they were wired in a way that didn't change the resistance Thanks for all the help guys, turns out I was headed in the right direction but second guessed myself right as I put the box in the truck. My jumper seems to do the job just fine but I think I would prefer to change it so all 4 outputs have wires.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.