Jump to content

Slow Soundqubed SHCA Chevy cobalt build


Recommended Posts

Posted

The gorilla glue didn't hold when I started stretching a shirt over it. I think I have to scuff the plastic maybe or find another glue. What do you guys use. I am using wooden dowel rods

any craft store contact adhesive in a spray can works for me... I use either aleanas supper tacky spray from michaels or 3m 77.... i use anything that works on holding carpet to a box... just dont apply polyester resin to the glued area the heat makes the glue let go

Posted

The gorilla glue didn't hold when I started stretching a shirt over it. I think I have to scuff the plastic maybe or find another glue. What do you guys use. I am using wooden dowel rods

any craft store contact adhesive in a spray can works for me... I use either aleanas supper tacky spray from michaels or 3m 77.... i use anything that works on holding carpet to a box... just dont apply polyester resin to the glued area the heat makes the glue let go
My problem was the tweeter ring broke off. I need a better hold on that to get that to stay on. I used a can of that spray adhesive to hold the vinyl to the rear deck and that worked good for me
Posted

The gorilla glue didn't hold when I started stretching a shirt over it. I think I have to scuff the plastic maybe or find another glue. What do you guys use. I am using wooden dowel rods

any craft store contact adhesive in a spray can works for me... I use either aleanas supper tacky spray from michaels or 3m 77.... i use anything that works on holding carpet to a box... just dont apply polyester resin to the glued area the heat makes the glue let go
My problem was the tweeter ring broke off. I need a better hold on that to get that to stay on

hot glue

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Posted

The rear deck got its q-mat.

47A80DEF-63FD-41E9-96AC-2D62F7F4F2B5_zps

And the rear deck in place. Just sitting there. I have to get the seat belts reinstalled before the rear deck is back in there.

F21EC1CE-4809-45E5-84F4-FC9CB54A9E9F_zps

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

2206ACCB-894F-4657-A096-2A805F7CE52E_zps

457EBB18-4F9C-4786-AD5A-55AD987B57C9_zps

Two big fails for me. First time working with fiberglass. I tried it once with the resin and hardner I bought and it never dried for over a week. So I try it again with more and way more hardner. Only to find out the kit I bought had the wrong hardner with it. Now I have to rip off that fabric and start all over. The other pic is my headliner. I thought I could cover it with the same fabric as my rear deck. I was wrong. That vinyl is not stretchy enough and now has a ton of wrinkles so I am gonna rip it off and try a different fabric

Posted

E39BD4AC-EE96-4440-9EAF-258DF753AC55_zps

Roof done and I am out of Q-Mat. I gotta buy some more for the doors. Now I am waiting for a more stretchable material for my headliner. I am now working on getting a box built. I am gonna have to build it in the trunk to get the airspace I need.

80DD6DBF-AA35-4B3E-A104-A4BD1F2ABFEF_zps

Bottom of box cut

Posted

Dont consider them fails.. consider them learning experiences.

You are definitely doing the whole 9.. Wish I had the balls to guy my car like that!

Following

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492
Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components

SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12

Posted

Dont consider them fails.. consider them learning experiences.

You are definitely doing the whole 9.. Wish I had the balls to guy my car like that!

Following

I know it is a learning experience it is just slowing this slow build down even more

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 946 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...