Wehan Posted September 24, 2015 Report Posted September 24, 2015 I have the same car and am fighting an alternator whine problem, did you have any trouble with this with your first install?
412Mark Posted September 24, 2015 Author Report Posted September 24, 2015 I have the same car and am fighting an alternator whine problem, did you have any trouble with this with your first install? No alt whine for me. I did use a good rca and decent grounds. Not sure why you have yours. What do you have in your system
Wehan Posted September 24, 2015 Report Posted September 24, 2015 I have the same car and am fighting an alternator whine problem, did you have any trouble with this with your first install? No alt whine for me. I did use a good rca and decent grounds. Not sure why you have yours. What do you have in your system I think I have traced the problem to my head unit, problem is I don't have an extra one laying around to swap in. I'm writing up a new thread here and will post that soon.
Wehan Posted September 29, 2015 Report Posted September 29, 2015 Where do/did you ground your amps at?
chad190 Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 Where do/did you ground your amps at? I ground my amps/batteries on the strut mounts. Just sand down to bare metal. or if you want to go all the way you can go directly to the frame through the spare tire well lol 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
412Mark Posted October 3, 2015 Author Report Posted October 3, 2015 I am gonna do one ground on the frame and if I get the bigger amp, alt, n batteries I want I will have one run up to the engine or alt casing also
412Mark Posted October 4, 2015 Author Report Posted October 4, 2015 Second try is a lot better. Not perfect but it will work. This time suede. And it was made for headliners. Now I know to always do that
412Mark Posted October 4, 2015 Author Report Posted October 4, 2015 A little more progress. Got a coat of resin now time for filler and sanding
412Mark Posted October 21, 2015 Author Report Posted October 21, 2015 Couple coats of filler and hours of sanding. Each coat of filler I am getting a little better at it but still far from good. I did not give enough clearance for the tweeters to be mounted so I had to cut the plastic behind. In the pic you can see one side done already. Did a little playing around with painting the dash. I think it looks a lot better just black and yellow than the factory grays that was there. After all I am from Pittsburgh so anything black and yellow looks better to me
mcfalcon Posted October 21, 2015 Report Posted October 21, 2015 Nice. I'm tuned in. Still learning but have started gathering.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.