That is awesome. When I can get around to redoing my doors I think that's what I'll try. Thanks man. That looks like it'd be a lot easier

damn gil, never even thought about using PVC end caps for tweeter pods...

learn something new every day.

That is awesome. When I can get around to redoing my doors I think that's what I'll try. Thanks man. That looks like it'd be a lot easier

Awww yeah. In the end it can be harder sometimes. Depending on how good you are with fiberglass, it might be easier to just create a ring and glass the shape. I'm just doing body filler, so PVC is nice because it fills a lot of the side gap so I don't need quite as much body filler.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

One of the spare sail panels got here today. Expecting 4 shipments tomorrow. But I flush trimmed the flange off the end caps (very sloppily at that, notice where I caught the bit a few times. I was holding this thing, which I do NOT advise). You can see here, they JUST fit on there:

2A6D0668-12F2-408C-82F2-5228A0DFF45C_zps

89552C95-62BF-4C84-AD88-8BB0C84EBB42_zps

Also ran into this:

958533AC-8C15-44EE-A846-59825FC80334_zps

That mount in the middle is like EXACTLY where I will need to cut out. Not good. Going to have to figure out how to adjust the tweet somewhere to miss it.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Woke up this morning and started working on the sails. Took a few cuts and some time to get them aimed properly. This is what it ended up looking like:

EB2ACFC2-E29C-4A90-BD0A-0D47CF65E7FB_zps

I didn't catch a picture, but I scuffed up the whole thing with 80 grit sandpaper. Then got my trusty monkey fleece, wrapped those bishes!

3E4B12D7-B14F-4570-B920-072BA04EE538_zps

I might not even paint over them. Nah, definitely going to. Resin goes on tomorrow.

I was going to do a piece in the bottom of the console where I have a pocket and put my analog meters there, but I said f that for now. Might come back to that later if I get bored.

Then my order from Amazon and PE showed up:

58D3BCB7-35B5-44BD-BC60-E3062E64E9CD_zps

Got Noico deadener and CCF, 100ft of 12ga wire, T-nuts, and some random install goodies. Oh, and the sheet of plastic I was waiting for. So I was able to make this for the dash kit:

473ACB48-B908-4EE7-85A4-D977C3E3DAC0_zps

I'm putting a voltage/ammeter, PAC LC-1, mic for the HU for calls, and two switches (one for amp lights and one for amp fans) there.

We'll see how this glassing adventure goes tomorrow.

So, I don't really ever see anyone post up their fuckups. Well, here's one of mine!

7712ECD5-5791-4D74-ACAC-0DBE55D119FC_zps

Got impatient, sprayed too much/too often. Oh well, just going to peel it off and do it again. But that panel is superglued in there, so it's there to stay.

Also lathered two coats of resin on the sail panels:

CB7497E8-347D-40B2-B474-D0FEDB83AC58_zps

Not even going to lay down mat on it, it's hard right now. Just gonna sand a little and then start laying body filler. The arduous sanding process begins.

After a decent amount of sanding, got it down to this:

09887806-C1C5-4F71-BA25-6BF37EE58CCA_zps

First coat of Bondo is drying now.

Sure don't look like it in this picture, but they are pretty damn smooth:

2032275C-E49E-4F43-B4D9-6372E1125EFC_zps

This is two coats of Bondo. Lather it on, sand, rinse and repeat. Tiring.

Man now you got me wanting to try to my sails. What are yous sanding them with?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived