another fuse qestion.

A little bit of a noob to this but I have done some research and still get confused on the answers.

Items I have: all stock electrical, stock battery and stock 130 alt. 1 sound stream rub.1600.l and a rockford p 200.2. In my 2001 ford explorer.

The plane: I ordered 25 feet of 2/0 welding wire and about 10 feet of 1/0. I plane on using the 2/0 for my power and ground 17 foot power and 3 foot ground. I wanted to use the 1/0 for a distribution block to the amps. I have a 300 amp fuse for the 2/0 and I want to fuse the distro block also. Each power and ground will be about 2 feet long for the distro block.

Q:What do I fuse the distro block to. To the amps fuse rating or to the wire rating. I have a couple 250 anls I was going to use but didn't know if that was to much for the 1/0 welding wire.

This is the 1/0 welding wire I ordered.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=181712862888&category=11774&pm=1&ds=0&t=1440793875109

I know this is a question asked a 100 times but I could really use the help Thanks.

It's really your choice/preference. I fuse for my wire, not my amps, because yes, the amps cost a lot of money, but it's less likely to catch fire than the wire. That's me. Others fuse for their amps. So it comes down to what you prefer. Granted, don't fuse higher than your wire can handle for that distance run, but, I trust my equipment more than I trust my wire

Fuse to your current demands, if you fuse too high you effectively just made the wire the fuse.

With your 130 amp alt there is no way you can supply more than that so I wouldn't fuse higher than 130amps.

Also these threads always turn into a joke.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived