Sundown Audio

Opinions On Mtx Amps

doug118

I just found out a friend of mine gets 65% off ALL mtx products so with that being said, do you think getting the te4001 amp will be overkill for 2 15" mtx 9515's? or should I just get 2 of the te1501's?

I originally planned on getting 2 sundown saz1500 amps but I think I should at least give the MTX amps a shot, unless people convince they are THAT shitty. oh and the subs will be wired down to 1ohm

here are links for people who would like to give their input

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/TE4001D.cfm

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/TE1501D.cfm

subs

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...s/t9500_sub.cfm

Edited by doug118

hell if i had a friend who could get 65% off. i'd do one of the te4000 amp and four 9500 12s or 15s. i personnaly have heard MTX and have nothing bad to say about them.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Dont care for there woofers to much but there amps are off the hook! Im running a TA92001 and love it!

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

Dont care for there woofers to much but there amps are off the hook! Im running a TA92001 and love it!

yeah but if the 15's are only going to cost me ~$227 a piece NEW. are there any better subs that I can get for $230 brand new??

I wanted to do a wall and 4 15's but the wife destroyed my dream and said I have to keep the back seat so now I only have 9 cubes of airspace to play with <_< I may drop down to 2 12's for a smaller box to give the amps more room to breathe

yeah but if the 15's are only going to cost me ~$227 a piece NEW. are there any better subs that I can get for $230 brand new??

I wanted to do a wall and 4 15's but the wife destroyed my dream and said I have to keep the back seat so now I only have 9 cubes of airspace to play with <_< I may drop down to 2 12's for a smaller box to give the amps more room to breathe

Only woofer I can think of "brand new" off the top of my head for that price is a AQ HDC3 15". I would take an AQ over an MTX woofer 4 sure. But an MTX woofer would probably sound better then a HDC3.

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

Ive never had a bad experience with MTX amps :)

Id run them in an instant if the price was right

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

If you get that discount go with the mtx amps man.

i've owned a few MTX amps and they have always done me right. And they are always underrated. They're cooling fans are great and the light show is cool too. Great amounts of power. Great overall amp... I would suggest different subs, but if youre gettin them for only $227 I would jump on that deal for sure. Good luck man. Post pics of the equipment and build whenever you get into it.

And 1 te4001d would be fine for those subs, just don't blast the gain and they will take it.. I've seen them take 1500 watts.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...