Joe X Posted September 13, 2015 Report Posted September 13, 2015 You probably defined a single driver instead of two, of course a 6" port for a single driver should be enough.
Nismomaniak Posted September 15, 2015 Author Report Posted September 15, 2015 Could you perhaps post a screenshot so I could see whats different? Im not doubting your knowledge, and I understand that winisd isn't the be all end all.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 15, 2015 Report Posted September 15, 2015 Here is what I get with two SWR-12D2, in 4 cubes @ 40 Hz, on 2000 watts: That's with a single 6" port, your port velocity is WAY too high. Also, you might want to download the newest version of WinISD, you can get it here: http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted September 15, 2015 Report Posted September 15, 2015 Could you perhaps post a screenshot so I could see whats different? Im not doubting your knowledge, and I understand that winisd isn't the be all end all. You may have to check your data, I get something similar to what's shown above.
Nismomaniak Posted September 15, 2015 Author Report Posted September 15, 2015 I see what ive done now, front port doesn't mean port facing forward. My bad! So slot porting it is, 60sqin. And measurements are taken from the centre of the width of the port?How do I go about making velocity lower? assuming my height will be 16", making port height 14.5", 4" wide would give me a hair under 60" of port, that leaves me with 52m/s velocity.
Nismomaniak Posted September 25, 2015 Author Report Posted September 25, 2015 Any tips on reducing velocity?
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 Any tips on reducing velocity? Run less power (which is probably not how you want to do it) or increase port area, those are your two options. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.