Big 3 Question

Already did my big 3 upgrade, although I kept stock terminals. 98 camry. Currently the stock cables are just long enough to make it to the stock terminal, doesn't seem like there is enough to cut/strip/attatch to a new terminal. Do you keep all your stock cables still running to the battery? If so did anyone run into a similar issue/have a solution?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

its always advised to keep your current OEM runs with your upgraded, just to keep the brain happy. Even though the current will take the lease resistant path by default. I kept my OEM lines, and upgraded 1/0 as well. I'm not sure why the cables suddenly aren't long enough? ???

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

the stock cables themselves are very tight and they barely reach the stock battery terminal. If I were to cut farther back to strip/attach them to a new terminal there wouldn't be enough wire.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

you don't want to "cut" the OEM wires anyway. Keep them just the way they are...then add big three, three completely separate cables that connect in the same place the OEM do.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

by the way...what's up in clark county!??

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

the issue is they are attached/crimped to the stock terminal, i was going to switch out for something new. It's good, things are kinda starting to go somewhat south though. Alot of portland gang activity is beginning to move up. For the most part its still pretty decent though. Are you from here?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

any reason why you chose to keep the stock terminals? was it a fitting thing? you might be up a creek if you've already cut so tight, you can't cut again, crimp with better terminals and connect. its not the end of the world, just might have to break down and get some more large gauge wire. sucks about the gang activity...just an abundance of crack heads and heroin addicts here... i'm from texas, but i've been here in cowlitz county for about 8 years.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

any reason why you chose to keep the stock terminals? was it a fitting thing? you might be up a creek if you've already cut so tight, you can't cut again, crimp with better terminals and connect. its not the end of the world, just might have to break down and get some more large gauge wire. sucks about the gang activity...just an abundance of crack heads and heroin addicts here... i'm from texas, but i've been here in cowlitz county for about 8 years.

I chose to keep them for the same reason I am running into now lol. When I initially did the big 3 I just attached the new wires to the top of the stock terminal. They came stock that way :/ My electrical seems fine, I just wanted to clean up around the battery and make it look better. Then you definitely know about it out there as well, I know longview has had a serious meth problem for awhile now. Was it quite a bit different in texas? I've pretty much been in clark county my entire life

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

WAY different than back home in texas...some good, some bad. if you're showing good voltage, even at full tilt, I'd let it ride. Just cosmetic? :unknw: do you have 4 post or 6 post flat terminals?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived