dthomas Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 I feel stupid asking but anyone have tips or tricks for remove a upward facing sub easily. My HDC3 12s are around 50lbs each and after unscrewing them from the box I am just grabbing them with my finger tips. I feel like sooner or later the sub is gonna slip and rip off a fingernail. Thanks!
9tr3g Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 I just slide my pocket knife or a flat head under it to lift it high enough to get my fingers under it. The hard one is a double baffle flush mounted sub lol
SLYentist Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 remove the fasteners, play a 10hz sine wave, wait for the sub to jump out at you, then squeeze your finger in there and pull it out. Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.
CarAudioFab Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 Plastic dash removal tools work great, can pry enough to get your fingers under, and won't scratch the surface of the woofer -Mark Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos! Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication
dthomas Posted September 25, 2015 Author Report Posted September 25, 2015 I just slide my pocket knife or a flat head under it to lift it high enough to get my fingers under it. The hard one is a double baffle flush mounted sub lol I have done that before but ended up scratching the basket some. remove the fasteners, play a 10hz sine wave, wait for the sub to jump out at you, then squeeze your finger in there and pull it out. Don't think I will try that, but it made me laugh! =] Plastic dash removal tools work great, can pry enough to get your fingers under, and won't scratch the surface of the woofer Good idea, I have some in my toolbox!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.