Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box for 3 12's, Aeroport


piccolo

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am trying to build a box for 3 12" JL Audio W6. My amps are going to be 2 APMI 2000 watt amps. I think I have it just about dialed in but was wanting some input on the position of my port. My box is going to be 32"W x 14.5"H x 24"D. So 5.16ft^3, I got this using the Torres calc. My port needs to be about 22 inches long to get it to 32hz. I drive a Lexus IS 300 sportcross which is a small station wagon. I was thinking of making the box look like it had 4 subs in it but one of the holes being the 8" aeroport. My concern is the position of the port, will it be ok in the corner of the box or should I think of something else?

Posted

What's your plan for wiring three subs to two amps?

A single 8" port isn't enough port area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

subs forward and aero port to the side has always worked well for me in my trunk cars got my old 2 sa 12s and a nendo bc 2k to do 149's on music in fcbc out of a malibu

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

Posted

you can get an idea from this vid how I had mine faced tested every box position i could on the termlab and this is what worked best...but every vehicle is different just gotta mess around with it

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3112 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...