Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

are these even worth it?


dsw422

Recommended Posts

Posted

I would try to design a box with adaptability to a different sub/s but in the end if you build this box price it accordingly best bet is if he ever wants to upgrade he will come back to you for the new box... if you build a box that makes these subs sound amazing for less than $100 he will think what can this guy do for speaker X and then you can hit him hard with the higher price... I dont work for a shop so I take these projects on as a learning experiment, building enclosures relaxes me so I feel 20% over material costs gives me therapy and word of mouth business... I dont know your situation or view on building enclosures though

Posted

build him a nice box when he changes subs he will have the box already. keep port area big to accomadate future upgrade.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

I would try to design a box with adaptability to a different sub/s but in the end if you build this box price it accordingly best bet is if he ever wants to upgrade he will come back to you for the new box... if you build a box that makes these subs sound amazing for less than $100 he will think what can this guy do for speaker X and then you can hit him hard with the higher price... I dont work for a shop so I take these projects on as a learning experiment, building enclosures relaxes me so I feel 20% over material costs gives me therapy and word of mouth business... I dont know your situation or view on building enclosures though

Yea, I build boxes and what not for fun. I do try to make about 50% over material to help pay for new supplies (blades, new tools, ect).. though lately, I haven't had alot of business.. I just started building for money this year.. around tax time I built quite a few boxes.. I'm hoping to get more business around christmas..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

WELL,, the build is a NO GO!!! turns out this dudes parents dont feel like paying the $140 i quoted for a box...this was supposed to be a birthday present for him.. what a shame..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

i would do exactly what soccerballz said. build him the box, and when he wants more (which he probably will), he will already have a solid box to put nicer subs in.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3001 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...