Second Skin Audio

are these even worth it?

dsw422

a guy want me to build a box for his s10. but said he has 2 Jensen XS1010 subs.. are those even worth building a box or should i tell him to go by walmart and get a cheap prefab box?

i kno this prolly seems terrible to say, but they seem like crappy subs.. 4mm XMAX!!!!!!

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Why not?

cuz i dont want him to pay for a box ill make him (around $150-200) and him realize they sound like crap. by this i mean not sound like he may want them to sound.. ill build the box correctly to the subs spec so itll sound the best IT possible can.. but idk

If he's paying then go for it

Just let him know what you think

i just might have to.. he may say he plans to upgrade the subs, but if thats the fact, the box i build may not suite the new subs he gets..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Why not?

cuz i dont want him to pay for a box ill make him (around $150-200) and him realize they sound like crap. by this i mean not sound like he may want them to sound.. ill build the box correctly to the subs spec so itll sound the best IT possible can.. but idk

i just might have to.. he may say he plans to upgrade the subs, but if thats the fact, the box i build may not suite the new subs he gets..

See if you can come up with a design that will allow him to upgrade to better subs down the road while still working OK with those Jensens. That's what I would do. At least that way he hasn't thrown money away when those Jensen don't cut it anymore.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Inform him of what's going on. If he says build it after that then take his money with a shit eating grin.

lol.. ive got way to big of a consious to be in this business.. lol.. but i will tell him thanks

Why not?

See if you can come up with a design that will allow him to upgrade to better subs down the road while still working OK with those Jensens. That's what I would do. At least that way he hasn't thrown money away when those Jensen don't cut it anymore.

thats what i think im gonna do.. ill ask him what he may potentially get in the future and design like you said.. that way he'll kno itll sound good with the upgrade.. i understand everyone has to start somewhere..

Tell him allot of people drink coffee not everyone sniffs coco... Why play with your money?

lol..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Archived