noser7 Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 Hey guys i have 3 fi n2 12"s and i have a 91 ford ranger that i want to stuff a 4th order in the trunk. What are basics of a GOOD 4th order? Is it worth the effort to do a 6th? Im not going to compete but i want something really loud just for my listining pleasure. I will be runing them of a soundstream xxx 6500, future plan is to pick up a second on and strap them on the 3 n2's. Any feed back is greatly appriciated.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 Edit: NVM. Are you looking to do a blow through? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
diegoclass2010 Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 i think he means a bandpass... is the truck a crew cab? if it is i would do a ported box. or so you want to cut open the bed and do a blow thru?
noser7 Posted September 30, 2015 Author Report Posted September 30, 2015 Sorry i meant to say i want to do a blow through because its a single cab truck and also i dont want to cut a huge whole in the bed
CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 So you DO want a blowthrough? The hole won't be tiny for the port area required for 3 12s. I have a 12X22" port for 4 12s. Those are inside dimensions of my port. The outer dimensions are 15X25" so it's a pretty decent sized hole. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
noser7 Posted September 30, 2015 Author Report Posted September 30, 2015 Itll be beter than cutting a hole to stuff a regular ported box in i think. I just have no idea how to design it I want 2 cuft per sub on the sealed side. so that would mean that i would need 12 cuft on the ported side wouldnt it, if i wanted a 2:1 ratio?
CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 That's exactly what that means, yes. Do you know what you'd like to tune it at or what amount of port area you'll need? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
noser7 Posted September 30, 2015 Author Report Posted September 30, 2015 Well id like to dd this thing but i wanna smash the lows ove read 40-50hz is good to tune the ported side and no i dont know how much port i need
CleanSierra Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 The lows come from sealed side. I'll say that 2 cubes per sub sealed should have the lows covered. For 3 of those subs, I'd consider between 150-200" of port. That's a rough estimate, nothing precise. I didn't run any numbers and don't like to design bandpass for guys I don't know or can't help in person. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 30, 2015 Report Posted September 30, 2015 Itll be beter than cutting a hole to stuff a regular ported box in i think. I just have no idea how to design it I want 2 cuft per sub on the sealed side. so that would mean that i would need 12 cuft on the ported side wouldnt it, if i wanted a 2:1 ratio? How do you know you want 2 cf on the sealed side? Where did you come up with that number? I really hate bandpass box ratios. What frequency range are you wanting to play well with this box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.